UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences have a brand new career opportunity for a talented Financial Analyst to join the Finance department in Nottingham. Reporting to Director, Financial Management, you will be required to enhance our analytical review and reporting of financial data across the Group, from the timely and accurate reporting and forecasting of revenue to contributing to our focus on optimising bottom-line performance.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Supporting the monthly revenue recognition and forecasting process
- Financial support to the Project Management and Commercial teams
- Analytical review of cost base and project profitability; identifying cost efficiencies and bottom-line optimisation initiatives
- Application of relevant financial analysis to help drive informed decision-making across the business
- Order intake backlog calculations and reconciliations
- Accrued and Deferred Income analysis and reconciliations
- Contribute to monthly Exec Management Meeting reports and Group Board pack
- Support Commercial reporting including new business pipeline forecasts
- Support the local Finance teams across the Group; UK, Miami and Philadelphia
- Liaise with external auditors and manage year-end requests as required
- Provide support/cover across the UK Finance team
- Support to Director, Financial Management
- Ad hoc analysis and reports
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar Financial Analyst role and be CIMA/ACCA part qualified.
Other skills and experience required for this role:
- Previous experience working for an organisation involved in large value contracts or projects as part of a finance department, involved in management accounts or project accounting
- Very strong Excel skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, including; senior management, and external stakeholders
- Ability to meet tight deadlines & also pay close attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work (including unsociable hours at month-end/year-end)
- Must be self-motivated and able to organise & manage their own and team’s work load within an extremely busy finance department
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.