SRF - 2019
US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Biopharmaceutics Specialist (Senior Research Fellow)
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- Provide expert scientific input into early customer discussions, review complex data packages, and design studies and programs of work meeting the needs of the customer across most study types
- Provide strategic guidance to customers on their early drug development programs
- Provide expert scientific support and input during project delivery to ensure study objectives are achieved and knowledge is gained to inform the customer’s development program
- Act as internal consultant to the organization on scientific matters as required
- Invest in training, development and mentoring of staff to enhance scientific knowledge across an empowered organization
- Use peer networks and industry recognition to support scientific and business growth
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide expert scientific support to the commercial team to understand the development needs of customer molecules and influence the design of effective, efficient and deliverable programs of work
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to provide robust scientific insights during data reviews, and leadership during the design of studies and programs, authoring the study synopsis.
- Provide expert and credible technical and scientific leadership in customer interactions to build customer trust in Quotient
- Provide expert guidance to customers on their programs to inform their overall (early) development strategy
- Where required, provide scientific oversight for projects during operational delivery to ensure study objectives are achieved
- Work closely with the Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical and Data Sciences teams to ensure effective operationalisation of the study design, and scientific connectivity during development and set-up phases
- Provide scientific leadership during interim decision meetings to ensure effective, data-driven decisions are made, which leverages protocol flexibility and maximises the scientific value for the customer from the study
- Scientific input into end-of-study meetings and CSRs to ensure robust study conclusions are made, program knowledge is maximised for the customer and opportunities for additional work at Quotient are identified
- Share key project learnings within Quotient
- Provide scientific leadership within Quotient and the broader industry, being recognised as an expert within field(s) of expertise.
- In conjunction with line managers, identify and lead training, mentoring and development activities with staff to drive scientific excellence across the organisation
- Identify, prepare and present peer reviewed publications, posters and presentations.
- Attend scientific conferences and meetings to support commercial activities and build organisational knowledge.
- Review scientific literature for articles relevant to the business needs and circulate appopriately to improve company knowledge base.
- Contribute to general initiatives, where appropriate, to add experience or improve efficiency / quality of existing processes, analysis methodologies and scientific technologies.
- Minimum degree level, post graduate qualification (PhD) strongly preferred.
- Significant experience in the design of early clinical development studies and programmes to address key scientific drug development objectives
- Significant experience in the development and clinical testing of pharmaceutical dosage forms and the drivers for in vivo performance.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of projects/tasks/issues simultaneously
- Overseas travel as required by business need to customers worldwide
- Participation in global conferences
- Presenting at workshops, seminars and conferences
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to urgent customer demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.