US ~ Boothwyn, PA
IT Support Specialist
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Provide appropriate support for IT systems, software, hardware and users, in support of the Quotient business and its customer/clients. To assist in the day-to-day administration of the IT network infrastructure and servers. To work to assist with projects and develop IT initiatives for the business. Staff holding this role will provide generic helpdesk support as well as providing project related support to projects within a particular discipline (Infrastructure, Development or Desktop Support).
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in meeting agreed SLA’s/KPI’s/Metrics for IT support services
- Assisting in Network/Server Administration tasks
- Support users and external clients as required
- Assist with the daily running of the IT department
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours support to cover for critical/emergency IT issues
- Any other IT/facility based duties required by the business
- Follow through with users to ensure tickets raised are completed within SLA.
- Monitor and report on backup of systems and data in line with daily requirements.
- Project related work will be within a specific discipline (Infrastructure, Development or Desktop Support)
- Travel to both local sites (as needed) for the provision of local support and ITS projects
The job will involve the following:
- High concentration of work leading to being able to prioritize demands both autonomously and with the wider IT team.
- Strict and tight deadlines.
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously.
- Working in a hazardous environment with requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours.
- Respond to internal and external Client demands.
- Physical activities such as moving / installing of computer equipment including, but not limited to:
- Computer monitors
- Network switches
- Excellent customer service communication skills: working with fellow customers (employees) in a friendly, patient, and understanding manner to help determine IT-related issues and communicate progress and timely resolutions.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, including the ability to re-prioritize tasks based on situation and urgency.
- Practical experience working in an IT/Helpdesk environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory environments
- Proven knowledge of IT systems, software and support methods
- CompTIA A+ Certification, or equivalent training / experience
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize workloads on a daily basis
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.