UK ~ Nottingham
Senior IT Applications Support Analyst
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth, Quotient Sciences have a brand new and exciting role available for a Senior IT applications Support Analyst to join Information Technology Services in Nottingham.
The Senior IT applications Support Analyst will be responsible for the development, analysis and testing of customized reports and operational support of several key business systems that support the Quotient business. This will involve using a number of bespoke data management and business systems as source data alongside a number of industry standard tools like SSRS, SSIS, SQL, Spotfire and other data extraction tools.
As the Senior IT applications Support Analyst, you will support the IT Systems Manager by overseeing the provision of ITS computerized systems services. It is the job holder’s responsibility to ensure the UK’s computerized systems and associated services are running as well as it possibly can, administered diligently with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and clients.
You will also responsible for supporting the validation and commissioning of new computerized systems in accordance with both; internal quality control standard and external governing bodies in accordance with GAMP5.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Extracting manipulating and analysing data in a timely manner and developing the reports and solutions that keep Quotient departments/teams running efficiently.
- Day to day system administration and maintenance of a variety of back office business systems (including Finance, Project Management, Scientific and Clinical Trials Management Systems)
- Confidently write SQL statements from multiple tables, views and functions; including the use of correlated sub queries where appropriate.
- Confidently use a variety of database and reporting tools including SSRS, SSIS, Spotfire, Excel (including Pivot and Power BI tools) and MSSMS.
- Accurately contribute in the maintaining of the structural integrity of the databases, along with their tables, views, stored procedures and indexes.
- Conducting and leading the elicitation of requirements gathering with customers to establish a firm understanding of reporting requirements.
- Providing ad-hoc local support.
- Working closely with your internal customers to ensure that reports produced satisfy all business requirements
- Working in a highly regulated environment
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in IT/equivalent experience with 5+ years of working in a Technical Backoffice IT Environment.
Other skills and experience required:
- Possess the ability to write in SQL to a high standard; to create and alter stored procedures, views, cursors & functions.
- Ability to effectively develop within a Microsoft Visual Studio environment.
- Ability to effectively use office systems Inc. MS Office.
- Experience with SSRS and the creation of SSIS packages including understanding of SSIS development lifecycle and processes.
- Exhibit proficiency of pivot tables within Excel.
- Aware of relational database concepts
- Possess working knowledge of the Microsoft Reporting Suite
- A working knowledge of Data Warehousing implementation and up-keep, across multiple servers.
- Experience with DB Performance, health and efficiency via monitoring[LP3]
- Good understanding of DB infrastructure and relational theory
- Good understanding of Computer Systems Validation and change control
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of administering a wide variety of business systems
This role may involve occasional travel to UK sites (Reading and Edinburgh) and US (Miami and Philadelphia).
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.