SRT -2 - 2019
US ~ Miami
Screening Research Technician
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- The Screening Research Technician is responsible for following protocol guidelines for the preparation, collection, transfer, storage and shipping of all screening specimens according to protocol requirements and OSHA/State of Florida biohazardous regulations.
- Responsibilities include collect biological samples, perform phlebotomy, vital signs, and ECG’s in accordance of the specific screening activities.
- To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
- To ensure volunteers safety at all times.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for reading and understanding all protocols and schedules.
- Responsible for the proper collection, processing and labeling of all specimens.
- Responsible for verifying the completion and accuracy of specimen records. Must be · familiar with all relevant SOPs.
- Responsible for order laboratory test panels per protocol requirements.
- Responsible for the performance of quality control checks for lab requisitions.
- Verifies that all biohazardous materials are disposed of appropriately.
- Responsible for performance of vital sign and ECG measurements as assigned.
- Assist the recruitment team when required.
- Provided administrative support to Screening Nurse as required.
- Assists in any other duties as assigned.
Additional tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize to accomplish tasks.
- Able to interact successfully with personnel and research volunteers.
- Ability to interpret and implement protocol guidelines.
- Ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility and perform effectively.
- Self directed - able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Include Cross Training
- Ability to plan effectively.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- High School Diploma
- Phlebotomist/ Medical Assistant certificate.
- Minimum 2 years of active phlebotomy/ medical assistant experienced preferred.
- Working knowledge of State of Florida OSHA guidelines.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Thorough in task completion - attention to detail.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.