US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences have a brand new career opportunity for a talented Purchasing Manager to support a transformation program and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a real difference and be part of this exciting initiative in Garnet Valley, PA. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the procurement of high quality supplies, materials and services, as required to support the Quotient Sciences business units at Philadelphia and Miami locations. You will oversee and supervise the sites’ Supplier activities and purchasing systems.
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager who can also develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies for specific spend categories globally. You will partner with key stakeholders to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of all sites’ operations to determine essential goods and services to support the business needs.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Aggressively track competitive supplier sources to assure supply of the highest quality and lowest cost materials, goods and/or services in support of operations.
- Forecasting price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Craft negotiation strategies and negotiate vendor contracts to ensure fair and equitable terms and conditions
- Reviewing and/or writing vendor/supplier agreements to ensure appropriate legal terms and conditions on behalf of all sites. Seek legal review as necessary.
- Assessing, managing and mitigating risks associated with inbound supply in, conjunction with the Group Purchasing Manager develop and administer Purchasing policies, procedures and/or systems
- Investigating and resolving local purchasing discrepancies with vendors and Finance
- Supervising and directing the work activities of the team to provide efficient and economical service in support of operations.
- Knowledgeable in the understanding of GMP requirements as it pertains to departmental responsibilities.
- Ensure that all team members comply with quality-related rules and regulations that pertain to the department.
Environmental, Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable in the understanding of all EH&S policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all job activities comply with any EH&S related rules and regulations that pertain to the department.
The successful candidate will have a B.S. Degree in Business or Purchasing and ideally, five + years purchasing experience in a pharmaceutical /CRO/CMO, or a demanding FMCG environment.
Other essential skills and experience required:
- Proven success in either Direct Materials and/or Indirect Costs, as well as MRO & Capital Equipment
- Knowledge of Customs and FDA importation regulations.
- Knowledge/understanding of INCO and domestic shipping terms.
- Knowledge of GMP principles an advantage
- Access Dimensions / Focal Point preferred
- APICS / ASCM or similar certification
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.