SIASA - 2019
US ~ Boothwyn, PA
Senior IT Application Support Analyst
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- Responsible for the development, analysis and testing of customized reports and operational support of several key business systems that support the Quotient business. This will involve using a number of bespoke data management and business systems as source data alongside a number of industry standard tools like SSRS, SSIS, SQL, Spotfire and other data extraction tools
- Support the Philadelphia Head of IT by overseeing the provision of ITS computerized systems services
- Ensure the US’s computerized systems and associated services are running as well as it possibly can, administered diligently with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and clients
- responsible to support the validation and commissioning of new Computerized systems in accordance with both; internal quality control standard and external governing bodies in accordance with GAMP5/GMP
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the selection, deployment, validation and administration of computer-based GMP information and management systems including Operations, Laboratory and Quality Management applications
- Responsible for ensuring the company’s adherence to current industry and regulatory standards with respect to computer system validation in a highly regulated environment.
- Knowledge of business processes and procedures, as well as broader organizational issues and technology.
- Knowledge of business/organization, data integrity, data governance, application infrastructure and IT technology in related areas from a support perspective.
- Extracting manipulating and analysing data in a timely manner and developing the reports and solutions that keep Quotient departments/teams running efficiently.
- Confidently write SQL statements from multiple tables, views and functions; including the use of correlated sub queries where appropriate.
- Confidently use a variety of database and reporting tools including SSRS, SSIS, Excel (including Pivot and Power BI tools) and MSSMS.
- Conduct and lead the elicitation of requirements gathering with customers to establish a firm understanding of reporting requirements.
- Provide ad-hoc local application support.
- Good understanding of Computer Systems Validation and change control.
- May involve infrequent local and international travel (UK/US etc).
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- 5+ years of working in an IT Application Support environment
- Experience of administering a wide variety of business systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Educated to degree level in IT/equivalent experience.
- System Administration experience with a variety of back office business systems (including Finance, Project Management, Scientific and Clinical Trials Management Systems)
- Possess the ability to write in SQL to a high standard; to create and alter stored procedures, views, cursors & functions.
- Effectively use office systems inc. MS Office.
- Experience with SSRS and the creation of SSIS packages including understanding of SSIS development lifecycle and processes.
- Aware of relational database concepts
- Possess working knowledge of the Microsoft Reporting Suite and Crystal Reports.
- A working knowledge of Data Warehousing implementation and up-keep, across multiple servers.
- Database Performance, health and efficiency via monitoring
- Good understanding of Database infrastructure and relational theory
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.