Clinical Research Technician (Medical Assistant)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Collects biological samples, performs phlebotomy, vital signs and ECG’s in accordance with the specific activity schedule.
- Tracks overall study event schedule and participant compliance.
- To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
- To ensure subject safety at all times
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for collection of biological samples; e.g. urine, and sputum.
- Responsible for drawing blood specimens (by venepuncture) according to the times specified in the study schedules.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining records of blood draws and other biological specimen collections (per SOPs) via paper or electronic.
- Assist with the proper labelling and preparation of blood collection tubes when indicated.
- Assures that all necessary blood collection tubes, equipment and supplies are on the floor prior to blood draw time.
- Prepares the unit for any scheduled activities and upon completion removes all equipment and/or supplies from the floor.
- Able to take and record accurate vital signs; recognize and report any abnormal vital signs.
- Able to operate ECG machine and or holter if within scope of practice.
- Promptly reports any study participant’s adverse event and/or lack of compliance to the Study Nurse Coordinator.
- Must be familiar with proper phlebotomy and laboratory procedures in compliance with OSHA regulations, Good Clinical Practices and Quotient Sciences Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for proper biomedical waste disposal procedures and schedules.
- Responsible for reading and understanding all protocols and schedules.
- Responsible for assisting in the recording and distributing of meals to study participants according to strict meal schedules.
- Assures that the unit is kept clean and orderly at all times and removes any items not permitted from the floor.
- Able to interact and maintain a professional demeanour with study participants during their inpatient stay.
- Responsible for observing confidentiality practices regarding any protocols, subject information and/or any relevant industry information at all times.
- Assists with the preparation of data collection binders and study documents as assigned by the Study Nurse Coordinator.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
Additional Tasks / Responsibilities
- General tasks that may sit outside Section 3.
- Include Cross Training
- Deputy Archivist/RPS
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Technical school phlebotomy training or Medical Assistant certificate.
- Minimum two years of active phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Required to have working knowledge of OSHA regulations and proper blood collection techniques (evaluable during employee orientation period).
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.