VPCO - 2019
US ~ Boothwyn, PA
VP, Commercial Operations
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
The VP, Commercial Operations will be responsible for leading Quotient’s late phase and commercial products organization.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic planning and leadership to ensure a sustainable cost-effective manufacturing and supply chain (with our other sites and suppliers) is in place with a strong focus on world class manufacturing, performance objectives and delivery of shareholder value.
- Managing the creation, negotiation and closing of commercial agreements with manufacturing partner/s, including pricing and quality agreements, as well supplier contracts.
- Leading the tech transfer, process validation, manufacturing, , quality control and supply chain of late-stage or commercial product.
- Managing the development of the organization, including recruiting suitably qualified and capable staff, and developing effective processes and cost-effective organizational structures.
- Leading lean manufacturing principles ensuring and maximizing inventory turns while maintaining maximum production flexibility.
- Requirements of the role:
- A self-motivated individual with strong analytical, negotiation, communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills is sought.
- Prepared to operate in a hands-on manner, lead by example and be visible
- Technically confident with manufacturing knowledge especially in oral solid dose with surrounding knowledge of GMPs, ICH guidelines, facilities, equipment, processes, testing, SUPAC regulations, etc.
- Naturally tenacious, driven by business success, have a passion for manufacturing high quality products and services to achieve outstanding manufacturing performance.
- Ability to quickly analyse complex situations and be an effective problem solver, while operating a results-focused, professional and well-organised approach.
- Comprehensive experience of manufacturing and supplying products into international markets is essential
- A proven track record of successful negotiations with key suppliers and an understanding of supply contract structures and standard terms & conditions is essential.
- Provide leadership/support during regulatory and customer audits.
- Utilize lean sigma principles to improve processes. Maintain, track, trend and utilize KPIs to drive improvements.
- Degree or equivalent technical career experience in Manufacturing or related engineering discipline
- Proven track record in production management at senior level within a pharmaceutical product manufacturing business
- Demonstrable experience of sustained achievements in assembly production and process improvements
- Strong people manager with proven leadership and communication skills
- Proven track record technically managing commercial partnerships
- Broad manufacturing experience especially in oral solid dose
- Strong experience in quality risk management
- Applicable and broad range of Lean techniques/tools
- Demonstrable organisational and planning skills
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.