UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth, Quotient Sciences has a brand new career opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant at the site in Nottingham. This is an entry level role in the Purchasing team. You will be responsible for the procurement of various commodity groups, services and capital requests.
The Purchasing Assistant will be required to process purchase orders for materials, supplies and services through approved requisition process for all UK sites. As part of your role, you will be required to support the Goods-In area and stores operation as necessary and provide general purchasing support to the business, ensuring the efficient management of the administrative duties of the Department and Dimensions purchase ordering system.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Create purchase orders from approved requisitions or approved capital requests and expedite as necessary. (includes checking and amending order details, consolidating orders where possible, placing and chasing orders with suppliers, liaising with end users)
- Ensure all orders are placed and goods received in sufficient time to meet the operational demands of the business
- Communicate any supplier discrepancies or situations related to receipt and shipment of goods that may affect operations to the appropriate personnel, department and clients
- Preparing and submitting payment requests and providing reports to Finance, as required
- Preparing and presenting ordering metrics, as required
- Liaise with Finance and investigate and rectify invoice queries as necessary
- Ensure back office filing and administrative functions are optimised
- Support the creation of a template suite of documents to be used throughout the group
- Provide cover for the stores and stock requisition function during periods of planned and unplanned absence
- Perform market research activities as required to support the business
- Provide general assistance to the Group Purchasing Manager and the global purchasing function as necessary
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in either a stores or purchasing environment. Strong administration skills are required for this role and good attention to detail.
Other skills and experience required:
- GCSE (or equivalent) English, Mathematics
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite) strong excel skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, positive, solution-oriented approach to challenges and a “can do” attitude to solving problems.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.