UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences have a new career opportunity available for a Validation Scientist at the site in Nottingham. You will join the Technical Operations department and contribute to the success of the business providing effective support to the Manufacturing Area (GMP) and Laboratory Areas (GLP).
You will be responsible for validation of equipment, control of equipment /contractor database, delivery of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), and equipment procurement/modification within GMP/GLP areas.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide 1st line maintenance support for the GMP and Laboratory facilities
- Maximise value for money from contracted GMP and Lab services
- Ensure validation projects are completed to an acceptable standard for use within a GMP/Laboratory environment
- Ensure all GMP and Lab equipment is covered by PPM and reactive maintenance; and that any down-time is minimised
- Ensure all contractors involved with GMP and the labs are appropriately supervised and that any work performed is aligned with relevant working practices
- Maintain compliant status of equipment files.
- Comply with all relevant SOP’s and keep training file up to date
The Validation Scientist must comply & adhere to guidelines and regulations required for this role, including; GXP and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). You will use the validation procedure and processes to ensure equipment is fit for purpose, and carry out PVR assessments as and when required.
The successful candidate must have 3+ years’ validation experience within a technical enviroment, such as; pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food or engtineering. Degree in a Life Science subject is desirable.
Other skills and experience required:
- Previous experience delivering cost effective management to introduce new equipment promptly
- Previous experience and competence to perform appropriate level of maintenance when required
- Ability to work to strict and tight deadlines whilst juggling a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Confident working in a hazardous environment and ability to follow safety procedures
This role may require you work outside of normal working hours as we respond to client needs.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.