US ~ Homebased
Inside Sales Manager (Remote- West Coast/Mid-West)
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. People join Quotient Sciences because we’re a global pharmaceutical development, clinical and commercial manufacturing organization, delivering innovative, customized solutions for our customers. Quotient’s unique Translational Pharmaceutics® platform integrates formulation development, real-time adaptive GMP manufacturing, and clinical testing for the continuous improvement of drug development programs — and is proven to accelerate timelines and reduce cost. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service, our engaged culture and we are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to continued business expansion we have a new opportunity for an Inside Sales Manager who will work as part of the Marketing Department. The Inside Sales Manager is accountable for identification of new accounts and new contacts and for transitioning new qualified project opportunities to our business development executives. You will identify new target accounts and contacts within specified territories or market segments and will be supported by access to proprietary lead generation tools and databases, as well as publicly available data sources. The Inside Sales Manager will be focused on generating opportunities across Quotient’s service lines including Formulation Development, Clinical Trial Manufacturing, Translational Pharmaceutics and Commercial Manufacturing.
As a member of the marketing team, the Inside Sales Manager use their technical knowledge and/or experience, along with a systematic data-driven approach to develop leads from “prospect” through to qualified contacts and a validated business opportunity. The Inside Sales Manager will nurture prospects by educating them on Quotient’s services and experience, using all available marketing and technical collateral including case studies, scientific papers and fact sheets. The Inside Sales Manager will use his or her tenacity and commercial acumen to involve scientific/technical support at the appropriate time and facilitate warm introductions between the contacts and the Quotient business development team. The business development team are responsible for progressing the opportunity to signed contract.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Researching, identifying and developing new business prospects from multiple sources including market intelligence databases, cold calling, marketing campaigns, company web-site, webinars, seminars and conferences.
- Driving the process from prospect identification, through nurturing campaigns, provision of case studies and relevant literature on Quotient’s services, development of ballpark costs, opportunity validation through to “handover” of clear opportunities to the remote business development team.
- Maintaining accurate customer data in the CRM system (Salesforce) and generating timely activity reports, metrics and KPI’s as requested.
This position is ideal for someone already operating in a technical sales or customer facing role, or someone with pharmaceutical laboratory, formulation or manufacturing experience who is interested in a career path and growth potential within marketing or business development. The Inside Sales Manager is a highly motivated, self-starter with a drive to research and generate new business prospects. The Inside Sales Manager will work towards a pre-agreed target based on key KPI’s (e.g. number new accounts identified, number of new contacts added to our CRM database, number of opportunities created for the BD team).
Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Chemistry, Microbiology, Life Sciences) required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in CDMO or CRO sales, business development, project management marketing, or pharmaceutical, clinical research or CDMO laboratory experience.
- Must be able to adopt flexible working hours and willing to work across different time zones for interactions with clients (and colleagues) across the US and EU.
- Prior insides sales or technical sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the drug development process.
- Technology orientation with the ability to gain proficiency using a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) such as Salesforce, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, organisation skills.
- Results oriented, determined and a self-starter; comfortable, willing and able to make cold calls and work towards pre-agreed targets/metrics.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency utilizing internet and social media tools for researching potential leads.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career path within a fast paced and dynamic business. This is a role which offers considerable career trajectory for the right candidate, either within a marketing or business development capacity.