UK ~ Reading
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences have an exciting career opportunity available for an experienced Analytical Scientist based at the site in Reading.
You will join an experienced team of Analytical Scientists, within Pharmaceutical Operations, which are responsible for the manufacturing, packaging and releasing of drug products to our sponsors in a matter of days or weeks rather than months. Quotient’s approach maximizes flexibility around batch size and the timing of supply to our sponsors selected site. Our approach is used across all drug product types.
There is always a fresh challenge, offering you the chance to develop your expertise within the cutting edge of Pharmaceutical Science.
In this role you will provide analytical support to IMP manufacture and release, formulation and screening groups and method development and validation (under supervision). This is a hands-on role requiring you to actively participate in day-to-day lab activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performing routine daily operations in the GMP analytical laboratory, in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Performing HPLC, FTIR, UV, Dissolution & KF analysis and performing one or more of NGI, ED, PSD, in compliance with documentation e.g. SOPs
- Evaluate data and contribute to problem solving
- Train/mentor staff, and provide analytical expertise to junior staff
- Represent Analytical Services on projects
- Help maintain sample submission system
The successful candidate will have 5+ years’ experience of working within a GMP laboratory/ pharmaceutical development environment as an Analytical Scientist. You will have a good working knowledge of method development and validation and have experience of HPLC and Empower data acquisition system.
Other skills and experience required for this role:
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Strong IT skills and experience of completing documentation with a high degree of accuracy
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours and to do shift work as and when required by the company
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company
- Knowledge of inhalation techniques would also be an advantage.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.