UK ~ Nottingham
Group Credit Controller
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Group Credit Controller. As the Group Credit Controller, you will be responsible Credit Control and Accounts Receivable function; ensuring all aspects of this function are conducted in line with best practice and Group policy and procedures.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the smooth running of all aspects of the Credit Control and Accounts Receivable functions across the Group
- Streamline and drive the continuous improvement of Credit Control processes and procedures across the Group
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with internal and external customers
- Evaluating new credit requests and reviewing customers’ credit rankings
- Reporting of weekly aged debtors, collections, overdue debt and KPI’s including detailed analysis of overdue debt
- Preparing the monthly analysis and commentary for inclusion in the local management and Board packs
- Sales invoices, credit notes and daily receipts processing onto Access Dimensions Accounting system
- Monthly recharges and logistics costs billing
- Pro-actively ensure invoices are raised timely and accurately and manage outstanding debt to ensure invoices paid within terms and ensuring overdues are in line with group targets
- Ensure statements and payments are reconciled and queries dealt with in a timely manner
- Work with the Commercial team to optimise client billing milestone profiles
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a similar role with a thorough understanding of how an international Credit Control/Accounts Receivable function works.
Essential skills and experience are:
- Relevant experience working as a Group Credit Controller, particularly within a multi-company/international group
- Qualification or part qualification in credit control and debt management or a related accounting discipline a distinct advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with professional telephone manner
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Experience in operating in large volume, multi-currency - Credit Control environment
- Numerate, analytical, highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple work-streams to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment
- Knowledge of the following accounting software packages, Access Dimensions, FocalPoint or similar accounting systems
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.