IT Support Specialist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for providing first level IT support to users and for assisting the IT Department with various projects. First level IT support denotes assisting the Head of IT and other IT Support staff to support users, servers, desktops, laptops, tablets and other IT based systems at Quotient Sciences – Miami
- Part of this job is also assisting the IT Department with its own projects, which include setting up user workstations, taking part in validation testing. This will require the IT Support Specialist to be a generalist who is eager to learn about and assist with many areas of the IT Department.
- To comply & adhere to GCP guidelines and regulations as required of this role
Main Tasks and Responsibilties
- Supporting a Windows based Microsoft Active Directory service network
- 24/7 operational support of environment with a rotation on call
- Responsible for providing first level of support to eSource / EDC work stations as well as employee work stations used in the regular course of business. Including mobile devices as necessary
- Investigates new technologies to assist with first level support
- Documents the maintenance records of workstations as required per any relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Documents and maintains records of employee access to computer systems
- Performs all computer and printer-related support
- Assists in monthly service patches, OS upgrades, initial configuration of new systems and ongoing configuration to workstations as necessary
- Assists in validation projects as required
- Understands and assists with validation testing per Quotient Sciences – Miami, Standard Operating Procedures
- Assists with executing Change Control requests
- Familiarized with 21 CFR Part 11
- Assists with all other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows
- Familiarity with setup of desktop computers
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must have a high school degree or higher
- Must be a quick and active learner
- No past professional IT experience necessary, but proficiency with computers required
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.