UK ~ Nottingham
Group Finance Systems Accountant
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth, Quotient now have a brand new career opportunity for a Group Finance Systems Accountant, based at the site in Nottingham. Reporting to the Vice President, Group Finance the Systems Accountant is a specialist Finance role and acts as an interface between the Finance team and IT department.
As the Group Finance the Systems Accountant, you will analyze the financial information requirements for Quotient by reviewing existing systems and working out the best way to meet those needs through the design of new systems and development of existing systems.
You will work heavily with senior stakeholders to determine how to re-engineer financial systems and process in order to streamline and develop financial best business practices within Quotient.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Reviewing systems performance and identifying system issues
- Managing system upgrades with the IT department
- Designing and implementing internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide quality assurance over financial data
- Key finance technical lead for all key Finance systems projects
- Reviewing and maintaining all financial systems policies and procedures
- Collaborating with IT and financial staff to meet business requirements
- Troubleshooting and fixing finance related system issues
- Training and supporting finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures
- Working with the IT team to design delivery schedules of systems development
- Working with business intelligence software
- May involve travel (UK/US etc.)
The successful candidate will have a degree in commerce/business/accounting or IT as well as systems development and finance systems experience and broad experience and knowledge of accounting systems.
Other essential skills and experience required:
- Broad experience and knowledge of budgeting, BI and reporting packages
- Experience working in project and BAU environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating and influencing senior stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and train other finance/operational staff
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel macros, linked data, SQL Queries and other accounting packages
- Experience of Access Dimensions Accounting Software and FocalPoint is desirable
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.