UK ~ Nottingham
UK ~ Reading
UK ~ Homebased
Inside Sales Manager
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
To support further growth of the business, we have an opportunity for an Inside Sales Manager to join the marketing team. The Inside Sales Manager will be responsible for identification of new accounts and new contacts and for transitioning new qualified project opportunities to our business development executives.
You will focus on generating opportunities across Quotient’s service lines including Formulation Development, Clinical Trial Manufacturing, Translational Pharmaceutics and Commercial Manufacturing.
Using your tenacity and commercial acumen, you will provide scientific/technical support at the appropriate time and facilitate warm introductions between the contacts and the Quotient Business Development team. The Business Development team are responsible for progressing the opportunity to signed contract.
The Inside Sales Manager could be based either in Nottingham, Reading or home-based.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Research, identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including market intelligence databases, cold calling, marketing campaigns, company web-site, webinars, seminars and conferences
- Identify new target accounts and contacts within specified territories or market segments and will be supported by access to proprietary lead generation tools and databases, as well as publicly available data sources
- Use your technical knowledge and/or experience, along with a systematic data-driven approach to develop leads from “prospect” through to qualified contacts and a validated business opportunity
- Nurture prospects by educating them on Quotient’s services and experience, using all available marketing and technical collateral including case studies, scientific papers and fact sheets
- Driving the process from prospect identification, through nurturing campaigns, provision of case studies and relevant literature on Quotient’s services, development of ballpark costs, opportunity validation through to “handover” of clear opportunities to the remote business development team
- Maintaining accurate customer data in the CRM system (Salesforce) and generating timely activity reports, metrics and KPI’s as requested
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences and a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in CDMO or CRO sales, business development, project management marketing, or pharmaceutical, clinical research or CDMO laboratory experience. You will have a keen interest in developing a career path within marketing or business development. Prior insides sales or technical sales experience is preferred.
To be successful in this role, you must be a highly motivated, self-starter with a drive to research and generate new business prospects. You will work towards a pre-agreed target based on key KPI’s (e.g. number new accounts identified, number of new contacts added to our CRM database, number of opportunities created for the BD team).
Other skills and experience and skills required:
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Technology orientation with the ability to gain proficiency using a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) such as Salesforce, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Proficiency utilizing internet and social media tools for researching potential leads
- Flexibility to adopt working hours and willing to work across different time zones for interactions with clients (and colleagues) across the US and EU
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, organisation skills
- Results oriented, determined and a self-starter; comfortable, willing and able to make cold calls and work towards pre-agreed targets/metrics
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.