VPPD - 2019
US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Vice President, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions to our customers. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market and strive to deliver excellent customer service.
The VP, Pharmaceutical Sciences will be responsible for leading Quotient’s early stage product development and manufacturing at Quotient Sciences -Philadelphia located in Garnet Valley, PA
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Providing scientific and technical leadership to the organization engaged in product development and manufacturing activities ranging from preclinical phase to late phase clinical
- Partnering with project management to ensure highest level of customer service by managing the execution of all the projects in a timely manner
- Partnering with QA to assure highest level of quality for the products for clinical trials and maintaining the facility in compliance at all times
- Managing organization’s budget and report P&L on monthly basis
- Strategic planning and execution of capacity and capability expansion projects
- Maintaining the facility and equipment in top condition that will provide uninterrupted production and a safe and effective operating environment for our staff
- Managing the development of the organization, including recruiting suitably qualified and capable staff, and developing effective processes and cost-effective organizational structures
- Utilizing lean sigma principles and KPIs to maintain efficient processes to ensure quality and profitability. Report KPIs on periodic basis
- As part of one business one customer theme, working as part of a global team towards harmonization
Requirements of the role:
- A self-motivated individual with strong analytical, negotiation, communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills is sought.
- Prepared to operate in a hands-on manner, lead by example and be visible
- Technically confident with scientific knowledge especially in oral solid dose with surrounding knowledge of GMPs, ICH guidelines, facilities, equipment, processes, method development, testing, stability, etc.
- Naturally tenacious, driven by business success, have a passion for developing high quality products and delivering outstanding performance.
- Ability to quickly analyse complex situations and be an effective problem solver, while operating on a results-focused, professional and well-organised approach.
- Comprehensive experience in CMC development from discovery to product registration
- Provide leadership/support during regulatory and customer audits.
- Utilize lean sigma principles to improve processes. Maintain, track, trend and utilize KPIs to drive improvements.
- Ph.D. Degree or equivalent technical career experience in pharmaceutical or related discipline
- Proven track record in product development at senior level within a pharmaceutical company
- Must have a great reputation as a scientist and leader in the industry
- A proven commitment and demonstrated passion to customer service and delivering high quality product to patients
- Strong people manager with proven leadership and communication skills
- Strong experience in quality risk management
- Applicable and broad range of Lean techniques/tools
- Demonstrable organisational and planning skills
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.